It is important that Scouts clearly understand the meanings of the Promise and Law and are prepared to accept them because they cannot become members of the movement otherwise.
Every activity undertaken the Scouts must be with the promise and Law at the back of their minds. This will make them understand their meanings and make a commitment to live by them.
The Scouts and Scouters on their own free will make a personal commitment to a given code of behavior and accept before a group of peers, the responsibility to be faithful to the given word and to observe ethical values.
1. A Scout’s honour is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is a good citizen who respects God, own Country, parents, employers, scouters and others.
3. A Scouts duty is to be useful and to help others.
4. A Scout is a friend to all and a kin to every other Scout no matter to what Country, Community or religion the other may belong.
5. A Scout is kind and has respect for others.
6. A Scout is kind to animals, learns about nature and is concerned with its protection.
7. A Scout obeys lawful orders of those in authority.
8. A Scout is cheerful and brave under all difficulties.
9. A Scout makes good use of all things.
10. A Scout is clean in appearance, thought, word and deed.
Tadagi Scouts (Cubs) Law
Tadagi Scouts obey their Leaders,
Think of others before themselves
And always do their best.
The Scouts Promise
“On my honour
I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to my Country,
To help other people at all times, and
To obey the Scouts Law.”
The Promise for Tadagi (Cub) Scouts
”I promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my Country,
To Obey the Law of the Tadagi Scout Unit,
To help somebody every day”